Teacher in Charge: Ms A. Graham
To develop life skills, creating an interest in the many aspects of working with fabric, an understanding of terminology and the importance of evaluation. Encouraging development of creative ideas. Ensuring students set achievable personal standards.
On completing this course students should be able to:
• Use textiles in creative applications
• Use a sewing machine confidently
• Design, make and evaluate a variety of projects
Students will learn how to use the sewing machine and make a basic totoe bag. They will then focus on a project "What do you Love?" Where they will design and make a product of their choice.
This is a one-term course.Equipment/Stationery
• $40 course contribution for materials used in class
• Students are encouraged to provide their own scissors, thread, pins and needles
• Students will also need one 1B5 exercise book to use in their technology class
Laptop or tablet recommended