Level 1 Te Reo Maori
1. To write clearly in Māori in a variety of forms, to convey your thoughts accurately on a number of topics
2. to use sentence patterns and volcabulary accurately up to level 6 of the curriculum.
3. to speak Māori with accurate pronunciation and intonation.
4. to read Māori for meaning and understanding.
5. to listen and understand spoken Māori.
You will also continue to learn and develop your knowledge in tikanga Māori and participate in cultural practices to enhance your learning in Te Reo Māori.
There are no costs associated with this course.
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 10 Te Reo Māori or assessment of language skills by the teacher
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Performing Arts, Naturopath, Government Service, Police, Fire Service, Paramedic, Corrections Service, Social Work, Youth Worker, Kaiwhakaako, Historian, Interpreter, Solicitor, Judge, Entertainer, Public Relations, Health Promotion, Geologist, Game Developer, Nursing, Curator, Environmental Scientist, Doctor. Archivist, Counsellor, Zoologist, Radio Presenter, Health Services, Teacher, Audiologist,