Level 3 English for Literacy
Teacher in Charge: Mrs K. Ryan
On completing this course, students should be able to:
• Write clearly, correctly and interestingly in a variety of genres;
• Speak and listen effectively and appropriately;
• Read and analyse a range of texts, both written and visual;
• Write in expressive, poetic and transactional style
• Communicate effectively orally;
• Complete a very individualised programme of study, based around two or three works of literature in
Students may undertake one or two (or none) of the external assessments. Internally assessed work towards A.S.3.4 (Writing Portfolio) is collected throughout the year. A.S.3.5 (Create and deliver a fluent and coherent oral text which develops, sustains, and structures ideas) will be assessed during the year.
Students may also have the option of completing Level 2 English credits from the previous year.
$15 for contribution to online home work programmes
2 x 1B5 exercise books
1 x ring biner
1 x refill
Recommended Prior Learning
Year 12 English or Year 12 English for Literacy
Total Credits Available: 17 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Term: 4, Week: 1
Term: 2, Week: 11
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 17
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.