Level 3 Accounting
Teacher in Charge: S. Pats 1
This course is available at St Patrick's College.
On completing this course students should be able to:
• understand the principles of accounting and how they are used in business
• process financial information
• develop an understanding of the systems and controls required to ensure accurate accounting information
• prepare useful financial reports which meet legal and professional standards
• analyse and interpret financial reports
• make decisions based on financial and non-financial information
• develop the essential skills which include numeracy, problem solving, self management and communication.
Recommended Prior Learning
A satisfactory performance at Year 12 Accounting
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 22
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.